Back-Up PP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back-Up PP Forum

A Republic detachment for Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OOC RP Discussion

Go down 
+8
Zazarok
Alden Wavingwalker
Barraca Rucol
Brodie Solo
Slugmaniac
Berend Karlinger
Merillion Skurrow
Razz L'ithar
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Razz L'ithar
Commander Sh*tloads, Matser of Tiepos, Unofficial Elected Official Guild Ambassador
Razz L'ithar

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime6/7/2011, 12:47 am

Out of Character Role Play Discussion.
Back to top Go down
https://theparagonpaladins.rpg-board.net
Merillion Skurrow
Sherlock Holmes, Wicket the Ewok, O MIGHTY SIG CREATOR!
Merillion Skurrow

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime6/7/2011, 2:31 am

So, how do we begin? (I've never been involved in a cross-guild rp before).

Have we got the beginnings of a story yet? Or any potential ideas? Personally I'd prefer something where the guilds agree to work together for some reason on a mission/meet up on assignments. I'm not a big fan of having events just kick off in a local Cantina (its not an environment/situation Skurrow is likely to find himself in).

Also, have we agreed a start date/timescale? It would be nice, now that there's space on the forums and everything to give it a week or so, to let word get around. Of course, we could also just begin and let others join at their convenience.

Last edited by Merillion Skurrow on 6/7/2011, 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razz L'ithar
Commander Sh*tloads, Matser of Tiepos, Unofficial Elected Official Guild Ambassador
Razz L'ithar

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime6/7/2011, 2:40 am

I threw an idea around both getting called by the Senate for some reason. Nothing solid yet though, and my brain isnt up for totally "loosely structuring a story"

SDI usually have several objectives that they want to complete in the RP, and then let it run until they are completed.
Back to top Go down
Berend Karlinger

Berend Karlinger

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime6/7/2011, 3:37 am

well we had just one, it just kind of went forth and multiplied. Maybe we should take a look at the speciality of our two guilds. we are more of a black ops/commando unit attached to the SiS (Republic intelligence branch). what is your role in general when you do operations?
Back to top Go down
http://thesdi.enjin.com/home
Merillion Skurrow
Merillion Skurrow

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime6/7/2011, 5:32 am

Berend Karlinger wrote:
well we had just one, it just kind of went forth and multiplied. Maybe we should take a look at the speciality of our two guilds. we are more of a black ops/commando unit attached to the SiS (Republic intelligence branch). what is your role in general when you do operations?

Our guild was originally a free-roaming military detachment. Basically, a branch of the military that acted outside the normal chain of command. Since its creation though, for tragic reasons, the detachment has become fully independent.

Our main purpose is to intercept Imperial aggressors, protect Republic lives and reclaim conquered worlds.

We therefore have a lot of use for black-ops types (which includes some of our own), as they allow us to spot the Sith coming and intercept them before they can complete their missions.

I hope that makes sense!
Back to top Go down
Berend Karlinger

Berend Karlinger

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime6/7/2011, 5:42 am

it does, and now for some agreement on timeline and story i guess
Back to top Go down
Slugmaniac

Slugmaniac

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime6/7/2011, 7:25 am

I was tinkering (by myself) with the idea of both being called to an outer rim outpost on some backwater planet under the pretense of some important senator or other official inviting us there for a top secret meeting, then it turns out its a trap, and lots of bad stuff happens to us in this outpost. and then, once we get out, we have to get back to coruscant to expose this person, as they thought they were getting us out of the way, perhaps because we posed the biggest threat to whatever they were planning.

it could be he was an undercover sith, or just really greedy and corrupt. i'm not sure.

but that's just an idea Happy
Back to top Go down
Razz L'ithar
Razz L'ithar

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime6/7/2011, 9:03 am

Slugmaniac wrote:
I was tinkering (by myself) with the idea of both being called to an outer rim outpost on some backwater planet under the pretense of some important senator or other official inviting us there for a top secret meeting, then it turns out its a trap, and lots of bad stuff happens to us in this outpost. and then, once we get out, we have to get back to coruscant to expose this person, as they thought they were getting us out of the way, perhaps because we posed the biggest threat to whatever they were planning.

it could be he was an undercover sith, or just really greedy and corrupt. i'm not sure.

but that's just an idea Happy

Its a pretty good idea, allows for alot of fun it think. Peoples thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Berend Karlinger

Berend Karlinger

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime6/7/2011, 9:11 am

Im ok with that i guess. but are we going to have some sort of gm, or will it be an open RP? im in favor of that to behonest. then we can let it go on as long as we like, and maybe add a plot twist if it fits.
ayway, my character is more a talker then ass kicker. he will probably find a nice way to tell you guys that you are not doing to good of a job, and what he thinks of it. in a nice and friendly way of course Happy. i am such a nice guy. Eirik and slug can take a rest, i have some new people i can use for my tactical maneuvers.
Back to top Go down
Razz L'ithar
Razz L'ithar

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime6/7/2011, 9:31 am

Berend Karlinger wrote:
Im ok with that i guess. but are we going to have some sort of gm, or will it be an open RP? im in favor of that to behonest. then we can let it go on as long as we like, and maybe add a plot twist if it fits.
ayway, my character is more a talker then ass kicker. he will probably find a nice way to tell you guys that you are not doing to good of a job, and what he thinks of it. in a nice and friendly way of course Happy. i am such a nice guy. Eirik and slug can take a rest, i have some new people i can use for my tactical maneuvers.

Open RP makes it alot more open, and if someone or a guild suddenly has to not attend, then we can make it end quicker. Although you'd need someone to just come up with the basics (Where the planet is, the name of the Senator/whoever, type of trap), but then the rest could just flow.

And We'll just leave you to die aswell ^^ lol lolz
Back to top Go down
Slugmaniac

Slugmaniac

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime6/7/2011, 9:07 pm

ok, i guess i'll get the ball rolling.

i was looking around on wookieepedia, and i found this planet:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Desevro

Desevro; it was isolationist during the old republic era, so would be a good place to meet on the sly. I was also thinking about what kind of trap it could be.

First i was thinking just mercs or something attacking us, but that might be really cliche, so then i had the idea of some gas being released in the meeting chamber, which gives us really vivid hallucinations, so we have no idea what's real, and might attack things that don't exist, etc.

once we get out, apparently the climate is subarctic, so it would be pretty cold, and probably in the middle of nowhere, so we'd need to find a way to escape back to coruscant to find out what this senator wanted us dead/out of the way for. there would probaby also be wampas or some other big creatures we'd need to kill, and you know, we might even stumble on a hidden sith forward operating post, maybe acting as a base to arrange an invasion of the planet, and that's one more thing to talk about.

The senator's name isn't a big deal, from a name creator i came across a few good ones:

Marius Tser
Ventik Tobian
Sal Armande
Thartan Sisk
Jaek Shan (<--- randomly generated, could add in he's a relation of satele, so untouchable? oooh)

those are just a few, here's the generator:

http://www.dimfuture.net/starwars/random/generate.php

Back to top Go down
Razz L'ithar
Razz L'ithar

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime6/7/2011, 11:01 pm

Ventik Tobian sounds the best to me.

And what use of some like knockout gas, and being locked up, then a prison break? Although again, probably too ClichƩ.
Back to top Go down
Berend Karlinger

Berend Karlinger

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime6/7/2011, 11:05 pm

haha, yes that would be a bit easy. also, all the jedi's will go something like this "Scary gas! hold your nose people!" then everyone except for the jedi will go KO.

anyway, we could of course only decide why we go there and then just see how it develops.
Back to top Go down
Razz L'ithar
Razz L'ithar

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime6/7/2011, 11:15 pm

Berend Karlinger wrote:
haha, yes that would be a bit easy. also, all the jedi's will go something like this "Scary gas! hold your nose people!" then everyone except for the jedi will go KO.

anyway, we could of course only decide why we go there and then just see how it develops.

True.

And Im sure the Jedi would be just as prone. No-ones a God. In most of my RP's so far my Jedi has become pretty much near death a few times lol.
Back to top Go down
Merillion Skurrow
Merillion Skurrow

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime6/7/2011, 11:47 pm

Berend Karlinger wrote:

Heh the Jedi can hold their noses for as long as they damn well please - they'll still collapse before the air runs out in my super-suit!
Back to top Go down
Brodie Solo
Rambling Old Fart!, TOR Shadow Broker, Supreme Archiver of Awesomeness
Brodie Solo

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 12:36 am

Just one thing I've been thinking.

Where will this fit in the timeline of the Guild history if we are currently mid Cascade?

Sorry if it's not an issue but it's something which struck me.
Back to top Go down
Razz L'ithar
Razz L'ithar

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 12:47 am

Brodie Solo wrote:
Just one thing I've been thinking.

Where will this fit in the timeline of the Guild history if we are currently mid Cascade?

Sorry if it's not an issue but it's something which struck me.

After me thinks.
Back to top Go down
Slugmaniac

Slugmaniac

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:23 am

i don't know about your current rp (might have a read), but we're having an rp atm as well, so it could be after both of ours but before launch time Happy

and, well, yeah the prison break thing sounds a bit cliche, i was thinking we could just be left with no escape way, so we could kinda have to make something out of various wiring and stuff. or we could trek across the tundra to the apparently only city on the planet.
Back to top Go down
Razz L'ithar
Razz L'ithar

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:25 am

Slugmaniac wrote:
i don't know about your current rp (might have a read), but we're having an rp atm as well, so it could be after both of ours but before launch time Happy

and, well, yeah the prison break thing sounds a bit cliche, i was thinking we could just be left with no escape way, so we could kinda have to make something out of various wiring and stuff. or we could trek across the tundra to the apparently only city on the planet.

Your idea does bring up the most imagination. Like having a PP attacking a member of the SDI, because they looked like a monster because of the hallucination, tense stuff lol.

But Im sure we could do it at the same time (maybe start next week) and then just IC Guild history, after the events of Cascade.
Back to top Go down
Berend Karlinger

Berend Karlinger

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:30 am

or maybe we are being set up against each other by sith infiltrators, who are trying to take each of our groups out. by leading us to the same planet were we start fighting each other before we know that we have been screwed with. then we find out for some reason (because we are both republic, id guess) and start hunting the dude who did this.
Back to top Go down
Brodie Solo
Brodie Solo

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:36 am

Razz L'ithar wrote:
...and then just IC Guild history, after the events of Cascade.

Yeah, that'd work.
Back to top Go down
Razz L'ithar
Razz L'ithar

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:43 am

Berend Karlinger wrote:
or maybe we are being set up against each other by sith infiltrators, who are trying to take each of our groups out. by leading us to the same planet were we start fighting each other before we know that we have been screwed with. then we find out for some reason (because we are both republic, id guess) and start hunting the dude who did this.

Also a valid idea. Could to some funny "I dont trsut you, but Im going to have to" friendships.

Or we can just incorporate them all, or take a vote on it.
Back to top Go down
Slugmaniac

Slugmaniac

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:55 am

I'm not sure if berend's idea would work, because all the jedi would be like "Hold on, everyone here is lightside", straight away, so we might not even fight at all.
Back to top Go down
Brodie Solo
Brodie Solo

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:58 am

That's not to say that some half cut, shoot first Smuggler wouldn't! Jawa Lolz
Back to top Go down
Razz L'ithar
Razz L'ithar

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 3:01 am

Slugmaniac wrote:
I'm not sure if berend's idea would work, because all the jedi would be like "Hold on, everyone here is lightside", straight away, so we might not even fight at all.

We have plenty of Shoot first ask questions later types. And whats to stop some jedi having gone rogue and the reason they are there attacking you?

Or we could just imagine that I dunno, some sort of Sith Artifact there clouds the force uses mind, unable to see Light from Dark.

I just want to kick your arses lol lolz
Back to top Go down
Barraca Rucol
Paladin-Winning
Barraca Rucol

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 4:01 am

Berend Karlinger wrote:

Could have some members stationed in another part of the planet who could find out info before being ambushed themselves?
Back to top Go down
Merillion Skurrow
Merillion Skurrow

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 5:03 am

Some fun ideas here.

Things I would like to see:

ā€¢ Urban warfare in a ruined environment (Taris?). We've already done some previous rps on a Jungle Planet and on a spaceship (though that was basically just Razz and me).

ā€¢ Some guild vs guild battles, but perhaps limited in some way. Perhaps a training exercise, or perhaps we both have different information about a mission objective/target that has led us to different conclusions.

ā€¢ An encounter which doesn't start with the Paragon Paladins being tricked/duped into something - we've effectively had three of those now The current one is a bit of a twist on the theme, but it still involves the Paragon being surprised and unprepared. It would be nice if we were taking the initiative, for a change.

Back to top Go down
Berend Karlinger

Berend Karlinger

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 5:31 am

so we cant have a start that damages the self respect of your guild even farther :(. anyway, im fine with some guild vs guild training. i already hand picked 4 of our guild to be suicide bombers so lets go.

some urban warfare would be cool though. taris is a choice. but i had another idear.

Lets say that in the battle for some planet either the Sith or Republic chose to use the Scortched Earth tactic. We are send down to clean up any straglers or find some piece of tech.
Back to top Go down
Slugmaniac

Slugmaniac

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 6:06 am

well, that sounds that a really good idea, but we could still do part of my first idea.

for instance, we get sent to taris by this senator to find something; turns out there's nothing, and our transport's gone AWOL, so we look around and meet people who live in the underbelly parts who survived (like that group who were searching for the promised land in KOTOR, remember them?) or swoop gang racers, and we have to either build or earn a ship to get back to coruscant to confront them.
Back to top Go down
Merillion Skurrow
Merillion Skurrow

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 6:41 am

Berend Karlinger wrote:
so we cant have a start that damages the self respect of your guild even farther :(. anyway, im fine with some guild vs guild training. i already hand picked 4 of our guild to be suicide bombers so lets go.

Hehe its not a demand, just a preference. I was just rambling a bit and if it helps the rp to go the other way, then that's np Happy

Berend Karlinger wrote:
some urban warfare would be cool though. taris is a choice. but i had another idear.

Lets say that in the battle for some planet either the Sith or Republic chose to use the Scortched Earth tactic. We are send down to clean up any straglers or find some piece of tech.

That's cool too. Taris is a bit overgrown with vegetation now to be considered true urban warfare anyway.
Back to top Go down
Berend Karlinger

Berend Karlinger

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:11 pm

another thing, something we do in our rp that is pretty unusual is that we can control each other's characters when you write something involving them. And on that same topic we also like to work with some kind of open endings in our post from time to time.

this has the fun effect of people having to improvise new parts and making cool plots twists and events. For example, Eirik (he is here as well but hasnt posted yet) said my character was coming to the Pride (our Hammerhead) with an escort.
I thought he ment with a guard, so improvised them (i thought of Francis at that point, who is now my alt) and made a cool back ground story for them, while Eirik ment for me to bring some girl on board Happy.

i really like these things, but not everyone likes to loose control of their character this way, so that why i ask if thats ok. Also, that is the reason we have an OOC thread as well, we can shout at each other and tell people what to change because its lame.
Back to top Go down
Razz L'ithar
Razz L'ithar

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:21 pm

Berend Karlinger wrote:
another thing, something we do in our rp that is pretty unusual is that we can control each other's characters when you write something involving them. And on that same topic we also like to work with some kind of open endings in our post from time to time.

this has the fun effect of people having to improvise new parts and making cool plots twists and events. For example, Eirik (he is here as well but hasnt posted yet) said my character was coming to the Pride (our Hammerhead) with an escort.
I thought he ment with a guard, so improvised them (i thought of Francis at that point, who is now my alt) and made a cool back ground story for them, while Eirik ment for me to bring some girl on board Happy.

i really like these things, but not everyone likes to loose control of their character this way, so that why i ask if thats ok. Also, that is the reason we have an OOC thread as well, we can shout at each other and tell people what to change because its lame.

We usually don't, but recently in Cascade, Mitch did do something similar to Brodie. And in an Open RP, that is something thats more likely to happen. Im fine with it.
Back to top Go down
Brodie Solo
Brodie Solo

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime8/7/2011, 12:09 am

Razz L'ithar wrote:
We usually don't, but recently in Cascade, Mitch did do something similar to Brodie. And in an Open RP, that is something thats more likely to happen. Im fine with it.

What was that? I don't remember it! Are you sure it wasn't Ellif making out I was ill to stop me flirting with nurses?! Ah well, it's not really important I suppose.

Cascade being my 1st RP, I'm just going with the flow. If somebody writes me into a situation it's quite good to see how I can work it out. As long as it's not too serious or at a tangent to the things I'd see my character doing, I don't see the harm with pushing things in a direction. Especially if it moves the story.

Having said that, the only type of escort Brodie would have would be a military one to the brig, or the kind that Eirik meant for you Berend! Jawa Lolz
Back to top Go down
Razz L'ithar
Razz L'ithar

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime8/7/2011, 2:16 am

Brodie Solo wrote:
Razz L'ithar wrote:

What was that? I don't remember it! Are you sure it wasn't Ellif making out I was ill to stop me flirting with nurses?! Ah well, it's not really important I suppose.

Cascade being my 1st RP, I'm just going with the flow. If somebody writes me into a situation it's quite good to see how I can work it out. As long as it's not too serious or at a tangent to the things I'd see my character doing, I don't see the harm with pushing things in a direction. Especially if it moves the story.

Having said that, the only type of escort Brodie would have would be a military one to the brig, or the kind that Eirik meant for you Berend! Jawa Lolz

Mitch told you about Moda Latt and then it kinda pushed to make a decision that you did know about it. I was implying thats a similar thing, and I really dont mind it Happy
Back to top Go down
Brodie Solo
Brodie Solo

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime8/7/2011, 2:53 am

Razz L'ithar wrote:
Mitch told you about Moda Latt and then it kinda pushed to make a decision that you did know about it. I was implying thats a similar thing, and I really dont mind it Happy

Oh yeah!

Well sort of, I was busy last weekend and hadn't had the time to post. Mitch actually helped me there because he saved me thinking of a way to use Merl's spoiler.

I like the idea of being thrown things I need to work around, it adds to the fun.
Back to top Go down
Berend Karlinger

Berend Karlinger

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime8/7/2011, 3:56 am

so more plans

-both our crews are send to a planet that has been bombed to dust
-we have to reenforce a abandoned fort on the front line, which is either under siege or maybe haunted by some evil canadian who eates souls
-we are part of of a defence team, defending some package either in space, on the ground or both
-we (SDI) are send to assasinate someone or a group of people as they are supposedly posing a thread to the Republic or one of its Senators, while the Paladins are there to protect him/them. and we become part of some politcal chess plot.
-sith are preparing a new outpost in republic space and we have to capture or destroy it. or we are send to establish a forward base in Sith territory.
-while on a joined training mission we become part of something larger, a plague spreads among us or the population of the planet we are on. either caused by bio weapons or maybe just natural, making us go ape shit and suspection everyone of being a sith agent.

well i could go on. my point is. let pick something, and the work out the time lines, rules and that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Slugmaniac

Slugmaniac

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime8/7/2011, 4:06 am

i still like the bombed planet idea, maybe something that was there during KOTOR (something to do with Revann? i.e something he left in the apartment you start out on) we're sent to look for, turns out it doesn't exist, so we're trapped.
Back to top Go down
Alden Wavingwalker

Alden Wavingwalker

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime8/7/2011, 9:14 am

Slugmaniac wrote:
i still like the bombed planet idea, maybe something that was there during KOTOR (something to do with Revann? i.e something he left in the apartment you start out on) we're sent to look for, turns out it doesn't exist, so we're trapped.

I kinda like the idea of the hunt for an artifact/item (whether linked to revan or not) that proves to be bogus. It could even turn out as the base for an argument as both SDI and PP are sent to retrieve the item, by either different people, or the same and they don't know (jurisdiction/mistrust issue ?).
Back to top Go down
Merillion Skurrow
Merillion Skurrow

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime8/7/2011, 7:05 pm

Berend Karlinger wrote:
-sith are preparing a new outpost in republic space and we have to capture or destroy it. or we are send to establish a forward base in Sith territory.

I like this idea, creating a listening post or something together. The two guilds pooling their resources for the good of the Republic. It could easily be done in an urban ruin/landscape too. There will be materials to salvage, cover/camouflage from what's left of the other ruins, easily defendable with traps and the like and presumably some structures in place which can be adapted, rather than requiring an entirely new building.

Those same things however, could be the cause of the RP. Whilst we're building the listening post, a threat which had been hiding out in the ruins attacks/whatever.

I also like the idea of our first RP being a kind of joint venture project. Its like cementing our guilds' friendship, or whatever.

It also fits well with our guild's story. At one point the Paragon Paladins were very wide reaching - we had many such listening posts, but after the sith targetted us for extermination we had no choice other than to vastly downsize. If this RP takes place after the events in Cascade (where the guild is starting to get back on its feet and earning enough income to operate again), then we might be looking to try and establish our information network again.

Downsides: hard to include guild vs guild battles in such a setting. The idea of being fed false information that Slug and Alden like would also be difficult to include.

I suppose there is potential for searching for objects in the ruins (salvage missions?), but its not quite the same thing.

As for the 'danger' in the ruins, I guess that could go one of two ways. Either we decide now, or see how the RP plays out. Perhaps:

ā€¢ We use the plague that Berend spoke of. May be something like the Rakghoul Disease. That would allow us to have some guild v guild fights, or even all v all fights. The Rakghoul disease could be cured, but only before the person had completed the change, so it couldn't be exactly that, just something similar.

ā€¢ A 'lost tribe' of sith crash landed on the planet 300 hundred years ago and, separated form the rest of their culture, turned their beliefs into a religion. Wallowing in bloodlust and fury, they degenerated into mad-men. Now we face off against the hideous creatures - supercharged with: vast, rage-fuelled force powers, predatory speed and strength, crude lightsabre inspired weapons (axes/bludgeons with energy fields perhaps) and a cunning intellect that sets them apart from mere beasts.

ā€¢ Deep underneath the planets surface rests a powerful weapon capable of mass destruction on a planet-wide scale. Somehow, it reactivates and we face a fight against time to disarm it, all the while have to deal with the numerous combat driods and machines it throws out against us.

ā€¢ An asteroid strikes the planet, causing major environmental issues. Not only that but creatures living on the asteroid are unleashed on the planet. Ours is a fight for survival, as we need to clear the atmosphere and find an alternative method of transportation to escape.

The second and fourth ideas are quite similar to our 'Kashoon' RP. I'm fine with it, but perhaps other Paladins may prefer something different.

Anyway, just a lot of rambling from me. We can easily do something else ^^

Back to top Go down
Razz L'ithar
Razz L'ithar

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime9/7/2011, 12:57 am

Some-one shortlist the 4 best ideas, then we'll have a vote on it.

I would but my brain is not working great today lol.
Back to top Go down
Slugmaniac

Slugmaniac

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime9/7/2011, 1:51 am

what if; just completely disregarding the whole disease/we fight each other idea, we were sent to make this F.O.P is sith territory together by this senator in response to increased Sith activity in that area. Turns out there's no sith activity in the area, and our transports been sabotaged, so we can't get back.

then something else happens before we manage to get off the planet that means we have to stay there longer.
Back to top Go down
Zazarok

Zazarok

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime10/7/2011, 10:14 pm

Hey Slug and Berend can you please inform me and the rest of the guild, in the future when you are discussing plans for the future RP, thanks Happy. Because I feel I've been left out of the loop here.

Anyway I really like the idea of urban warfare, as we haven't really done that properly yet. Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to post my ideas and thoughts, but I'll have some spare time tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesdi.enjin.com
Berend Karlinger

Berend Karlinger

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime10/7/2011, 10:44 pm

we have been talking about it for ages, on both this and our own thread. so you could have know that this was happening for some time. and well you were not online that often the last week and not responding to pm's, nor were you on mumble. also, i assumed you would get emails from the topics there as you have posted there and as such should get forum update emails.
Back to top Go down
MitlekKronx

MitlekKronx

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime11/7/2011, 4:13 am

Alright guys. I descided to join the part lolz

And to be honest, I don't like the current story for the RP so far. It's to small. We need something bigger, instead of someone who is trying to assassinate us with some gas.

If the SDI is forced to coƶporate with another organisation, there has to be something wrong. We need something similiar to Operation Genomorph. Something BIG.

We really need to change the story.
Back to top Go down
Zazarok

Zazarok

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime11/7/2011, 5:25 am

I thought I'd add my two cents. I thought I'd built upon what you guys have already thought off (Or just state it again encase you've thought off exactly what I'm suggesting), as too not disrupt anything.

I very much like the idea of urban warfare, on a planet which has been completely ravaged by way. For two different reasons the SDI and the PP arrive on the planet ready to do their thing. The SDI could be there because a Senator has asked that a large faction of terrorists have established a base on the planet and are causing trouble. (The PP may want to think of their own reason.) Although after getting there (and seeing what a truly bad state it's in) we're completely stranded on the planet (Because our ship was killed by the terrorists, or somebody else.) We are forced to negotiate, combat and participate in a swoop race with the local gangs and factions on the planet to find a way home.

At the same time the PP could be working with/against us (We could see how the RP plays out for this one) to get off the planet.
Back to top Go down
Berend Karlinger

Berend Karlinger

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime11/7/2011, 6:08 am

MitlekKronx wrote:
Alright guys. I descided to join the part lolz

And to be honest, I don't like the current story for the RP so far. It's to small. We need something bigger, instead of someone who is trying to assassinate us with some gas.

If the SDI is forced to coƶporate with another organisation, there has to be something wrong. We need something similiar to Operation Genomorph. Something BIG.

We really need to change the story.

I dont like that mitlek, it will just be another constant fight scene that way, which gets boring fast. Also, the destroy the Death star/emo sith lord routine has been done to dead. i rather take something small and let it grow as we move along.

Zazarok wrote:
I thought I'd add my two cents. I thought I'd built upon what you guys have already thought off (Or just state it again encase you've thought off exactly what I'm suggesting), as too not disrupt anything.

I very much like the idea of urban warfare, on a planet which has been completely ravaged by way. For two different reasons the SDI and the PP arrive on the planet ready to do their thing. The SDI could be there because a Senator has asked that a large faction of terrorists have established a base on the planet and are causing trouble. (The PP may want to think of their own reason.) Although after getting there (and seeing what a truly bad state it's in) we're completely stranded on the planet (Because our ship was killed by the terrorists, or somebody else.) We are forced to negotiate, combat and participate in a swoop race with the local gangs and factions on the planet to find a way home.

At the same time the PP could be working with/against us (We could see how the RP plays out for this one) to get off the planet.

this, i like. basicly because its a combo of all the good idears posted before.
Back to top Go down
Razz L'ithar
Razz L'ithar

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime11/7/2011, 6:22 am

Zazarok wrote:

Indeed, coming together later on could be good ^^ But we'd likely be there to help you. We wouldnt hinder Republic people Happy
Back to top Go down
Kardala Kenobi
Forum Viking
Kardala Kenobi

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime11/7/2011, 7:10 am

Razz L'ithar wrote:
Indeed, coming together later on could be good ^^ But we'd likely be there to help you. We wouldnt hinder Republic people Happy

Agreed to both points. We wouldn't hinder nor fire on members of the Republic Jawa Angel
Back to top Go down
Zazarok

Zazarok

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime11/7/2011, 10:12 am

Kardala Kenobi wrote:
Razz L'ithar wrote:

Agreed to both points. We wouldn't hinder nor fire on members of the Republic Jawa Angel

You never know with these things Winky. One example scenario could be, is that we 'The SDI' are asked by a gang leader to eliminate another gang completely in order to gain access to their communicator. The twist is, is that the Paragon Paladins are the gang. You have been launching multiple assaults against the gangs base, to get to the communicator and the leader was getting annoyed. So he said you were just another one of those criminal gangs and told us to kill you.

Of-course blinded with the hope of getting off the pitiful rock we all call a planet, the SDI naively begins shooting at you before you get a chance to speak. Although your guild would then be forced to defend yourself and fight back. We would however sort out our differences in the end, and then perhaps launch a joint attack on the gang leaders compound to retrieve the inter-galactic communicator.

But then we would need a sufficient power source, time to repair it from the battle. Etc Etc

Just felt like being imaginative for a while Happy
Back to top Go down
MitlekKronx

MitlekKronx

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime11/7/2011, 6:16 pm

Zazarok wrote:

This doesn't sound so bad after all. But, we have another problem.

In our current RP, we have stated that the Jedi (Slug, Wanderer and me) are going to lose their powers within a week (because of some accident, for those not knowing. It's a bit complicated lolz). So if this RP happens after the current, our Jedi don't have any force powers left. So my suggestion is that all this happens before the SDI's official Guild Story. But that means we can't have Azuran (our president in the guild story, who gets killed at the end of it) getting involved into all this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OOC RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC RP Discussion   OOC RP Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOC RP Discussion
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Back-Up PP Forum :: Theatre Of Roleplay :: Cross Guild RP Stories :: S.D.I Cross Guild RP Area-
Jump to: